cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Tracking a fault

Go to solution

I have reported a landline fault to BT.  They have said if I wish to track progress of the repair to go to care.bt.com/about_your_fault and enter my reference.  When I do that I get a message from last year that my fault has been repaired.  Completely different fault.  How can I see what is going on now?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Tracking a fault

Go to solution

Hi @Attheend and thanks for posting.

You should be able to  track your fault online. Just click on Log in and track .

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

I cannot track the fault - the site just shows a fault from September of this year and says Glad to hear the fault is fixed.  Now my mobile has packed up. How can I contact someone at BT?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
Track your fault is not working. Says my fault is fixed but refers to a fault in September of this year.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Attheend, sorry you are unable to track your current fault online. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to check what is happening with the fault for you.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
The landline is working fine now. Kudows to DavidM.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Attheend, thanks for the update and great to know you are back in service now 🙂 

John

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you for getting the repair done.  The hospital was due to ring on Thursday but they rang this morning, six times in all, and it was very important.  This could never have been handled on the mobile due to lack of reception. Landlines are due to be done away with in 2025 I understand.  I pray that reception for mobiles is sorted well before then as life will become very stressed.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Copper analogue voice service is to be discontinued by 2025, to be replaced by VOIP services via your broadband, not mobile.

0 Ratings