Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carwyn93
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Tree overgrown with branches touching lines

Go to solution

My neighbours tree branches have overgrown over the BT phone line, with some of the branches hanging over into my property and touching our phone line that comes into our property. I have discussed with my neighbour previously where she advises that the Utility companies are OK with it including BT which I find hard to believe. We do not currently enjoy a good working relationship due to dispute over the cost of a boundary wall, allied from the constant noise from their 6 dogs. 

I usually keep my side trimmed back, but have not been able to do recvently due to poor health.

Who can I contact at BT Openreach to get them to survey the tree, and additionally there is a cable hanging down thast needs to be fastened to the post on our property.

I am concerned that it will eventually effect our phone line. I am not presently a BT customer however have been in the past, and may well return in the future.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Tree overgrown with branches touching lines

Go to solution

First of all as this is a BT Retail forum for BT customers there is nothing anybody here can do.

Secondly, Openreach (it is not BT Openreach) will not be interested until or if a fault occurs and only then when they are tasked to fix a fault raised to them by your supplier.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @Carwyn93 

Welcome and thanks for posting!

As long as the issue isn't service affecting you can contact Openreach to report damage, health & safety

If you were having service problems you would need to raise it with your provider.  As this isn't service affecting, the link above is your best bet.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
The cutting back of trees is the responsibility of the landowner who has the trees on their land.
Openreach I understand do not cut back trees.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings