Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rockintone
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Turn Off BT 1571 Message Alert

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how I can disable this feature.  I'm fine with 1571 messaging service but I don't want my phone ringing every time I have a message when I hang up.

Iv'e logged on to my BT and tried to manage landline options but it seems to think you want to upgrade your package.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
NeilO
Message 2 of 6

Re: Turn Off BT 1571 Message Alert

Hi @Rockintone is it a text message alert that you're getting to say you have a new 1571 message?

0 Ratings
Rockintone
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Hi, 

Sorry for the delayed response.  No not a text message, its when you are on the phone and someone else phones you and leaves a message.   When you hang up, either right away or later on your phone rings  (your own number comes up on on caller display).  It quite annoying. It is only recently been introduced in the last few months I think?

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Rockintone,

Thanks for getting back. You should be able to do this online. Take a look through How do I cancel BT Answer 1571? and let me know if that helps.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 5 of 6

It is annoying.  I phoned home this morning to say I would be home in 10 minutes but it went to voice mail. When I arrived home 10 minutes later, it was 5 minutes before 1571 rang to tell me I had a message - from me.  As  no one in the house had been on the phone, I have no idea why voicemail picked it up.

0 Ratings
Rockintone
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Hi DavidM,

Thanks for the reply, I don't want to cancel 1571 I just want to turn off the phone ringing to alert me to messages as the other poster has mentioned.  As the other poster mentioned you can get a call several mins later after the message has been left which is odd.

0 Ratings