cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Turning Digital Voice off

For reasons I have long given up trying to get to the bottom of, I was assigned a Digital Voice line and number when I returned to BT last September. After many calls going through the same "I didn't ask for this" etc etc, I have given up and so the number sits attached to my account unused. (I've even sent the Smart Home Hub back, as I am using my own router.) It does seem a waste of a number though. Is there anyway it can be handed back and assigned to someone who actually wants it? The answer from BT, "you don't have to use it if you don' t want to" just seems plain daft. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Turning Digital Voice off

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Numbers are not in short supply, if you have a calling plan that doesn't cost you anything then there's no financial reason to remove it.

You can call the Loyalty or Value team on 0800 800 150, they can remove it, although you might have to renew the contract as it's a change of package/promotion, that or wait until your renewal and do it then.

Message 4 of 4

No there's no calling plan, I have never used the number and as BT DV only works with their Hub, I have no way to access it. I have had a VoIP line for almost 10 years with another provider, which I did explain at the time I returned to BT. I'll give that number a call and see what they say, thanks for the info .

0 Ratings