cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

URGENT. I'm totally confused and concerned over what's happening with Digital Voice changes

Go to solution

I've just received an email telling me that these changes are happening tomorrow.

I'm confused and concerned by this sentence in the email:

"Just a quick note to say your broadband will be up and running tomorrow (14-Oct-2021). It could start any time up to 23:59. Your Digital Voice service will then start up to 30 minutes after that. We'll let you know when they're ready."

The dictionary definition of "up and running" is "working OK" viz. something that was broken is now working again.

I'm sure that BT didn't mean that my broadband will be broken for a while, that someone has simply used a poor choice of words, but will someone in the Community please cheer me up and confirm that my broadband will be working normally tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: URGENT. I'm totally confused and concerned over what's happening with Digital Voice changes

Go to solution

I don't remember any down time problems when I was moved to digital voice

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

Re: URGENT. I'm totally confused and concerned over what's happening with Digital Voice changes

Go to solution

Hi @Taffy078 I'm really sorry for any concern caused. To put your mind at ease, there should be no issues with your broadband due to the switch over.  I'd recommend taking a look at the Digital voice migration FAQ's on this link for more info on what will happen and how to set it up.

Thanks

Neil

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hello Taffy. I noticed the same thing when my line changed to DV last Friday. Everything, including many notices or informations, is automated these days. What I take the message to mean is that, for accounting purposes, you will leave your old service and join a new DV service at your changeover date. I found no break in my broadband. In fact my old phone still worked when I left it connected directly to the landline instead of plugging it into the back of my Smart Hub 2, though it seemed to be receiving the DV service. What worried me a lot a few months ago was when I found a similar type of computer fiction on my self-assessment account with HMRC. That really did make me jump!

0 Ratings