cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Unable to receive SOME calls on landline

Go to solution

Hi, I have been a BT customer since July this year. I have been unable to call my landline phone from certain numbers. It literally does 3 beeps and disconnects.

My partner is on EE and can get through to my landline perfectly.

i am on Lebara and cannot call my landline.

My son is on Giffgaff and Cannot call my landline

My mother is on Tesco mobile and cannot call my landline but can call me from her landline.

All have inclusive calls so it shouldn’t be an issue. 

I can call out from my landline no problem, but unfortunately cannot call in from certain numbers.

I have seen from other posts on here that it could be a porting issue or that line wasn’t set up properly. Is there anyone who works for BT on here that can help me please? 

Thank you in advance.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Unable to receive SOME calls on landline

Go to solution

this is a customer help customer forum so if porting problem you be better phoning CS 150 or 0800800150 from mobile and report fault

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Who were you with before you joined BT in July , ( and confirm you ported the number from that company to BT , or if BT were the original ‘owner’ of the number , it was to be returned to BT ) 

There does seem to be an issue with incomplete porting that affects some operators, there was a post on here ( many months ago ) , someone rejoined BT from TT,  but calls from that landline operator and a mobile operator didn’t get through , all other operators were OK, the problem was calls intended for this customer that originated on their old providers network,(TT)  disappeared  into TT’s network , instead of being ‘redirected’ towards BT , you may find that the mobile operators that are affected with you have some sort of call transit arrangement with the landline operator you moved from, that’s why calls from those mobile operators are affected.

If your experience is anything like that other customer, the issue was never fixed ( BT cannot fix issues in other company’s networks ) and that person ( if I remember correctly ) ended up , staying with BT but with a different BT phone number that worked for incoming calls from all operators not just most of them.

Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

I moved into a property that had sky, before that it was a commercial premises converted into a house. I am happy to have my phone number changed if the issue won’t be resolved in any other way. How would I go about that? There’s an engineer booked in to come from BT tomorrow to my home. Should I call BT today and explain that I know what the problem is and then the engineer can sort tomorrow, or can BT action the number change from their end. I had the broadband and line installed July but only plugged a phone in yesterday for first time. That’s how I found out it would accept some networks calls and not all. It’s very frustrating as I have family on all different networks.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi, thanks for your response. I have contacted BT and they are issuing me with a brand new line as of 29/12/21 with new number.

Many thanks and have a wonderful Christmas and new year x

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Jordana_mclean,

Thank you for posting back to update the thread.

If you have any issues with the new line, please post back and we'll be happy to help.

I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Thanks,

Paddy

Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks lovely. You too x

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

This seems to be a common problem, BT still haven't figured out how to resolve it. 2month and waiting.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

@Chan have you just moved your phone service from another provider to BT.

If you have it sounds like the number has not been ported correctly. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Hi, no have been with BT all the time, when I renewed my contract they switched my landline to digital.

0 Ratings