cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Unknown symbol on phone display

Not sure if right forum but her goes.

We have recently been upgraded to Digital Voice, all has been well so far but on the display of our Panasonic DECT phone we have man envelope sign next to the answer phone sign. This has only just happened and I can’t find a way to see what it is, any ideas? 

thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Unknown symbol on phone display

@6412 wrote:

Not sure if right forum but her goes.

We have recently been upgraded to Digital Voice, all has been well so far but on the display of our Panasonic DECT phone we have man envelope sign next to the answer phone sign. This has only just happened and I can’t find a way to see what it is, any ideas? 

thanks

Possibly to tell you that you have a message on 1571. Dial 1571 to check.

If you do not want to use the 1571 service, then you will have to remove it from your Digital Voice settings on MyBT. Its enabled by default,

Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the reply, yes that is what it was, however can’t seem to be able to switch it off so have had to set our answer phone to cut in before the voicemail
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@6412 wrote:
Thanks for the reply, yes that is what it was, however can’t seem to be able to switch it off so have had to set our answer phone to cut in before the voicemail

See https://www.bt.com/help/landline/digital-voice--how-do-i-use-my-calling-features-

Managing your calling features

You can check your calling and network features by logging into My BT >

Or you can log in using the My BT app and click the Manage Digital Voice section.

You'll be able to see if you've activated or deactivated any calling features and change this if you want to.

Message 5 of 6

You need to go digital voice then features then manage and after enter phone number and email you can place order to can voicemail. I can't see any other way in mybt to cancel/change a service

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 6