cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Upgrade from 150mps to 500 caused DV problems

Go to solution

I have had 150mps FTTP installed for about 2 months with DV phone system installed last week by BT. This week I upgraded to 500mps and the internet duly increased to 500mps but the DV phone line stopped working. The Smart Hub 2 manager changed from saying phone number in blue window to not configured in a red window. Having contacted the fault line chat, it transpired that the DV phone had to be reconfigured, why has the DV phone have to be reconfigured when changing speed from 150 to 500mps. Does this mean if I upgrade from 500mps to 900mps the DV phone will stop working and have to be reconfigured again, and have to spend another couple of hours on the chat line.

Also the upload speed has dropped from 72mps to 50mps on the DV phone being connected, download speed O.K.at 500mps. Any clues why this should happen, not too concerned on this but nice to know the reason.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Upgrade from 150mps to 500 caused DV problems

Go to solution

there are other posts about the up speed of 50mb and for some it corrected itself after 2/3 days  if not post back   there is a large thread if you search

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Trebor85 I'm sorry about the problems you had with your DV phone and upload speed after upgrading your broadband speed.

The DV will need to be configured on our side every time you make a change to your broadband package but that should have happened automatically and what happened in your case is not the norm. 

After the upgrade takes place Hub has to be updated with your new upload profile and that normally happens within a few hours but I have seen it take a couple of days. Can you let me know when the download speed increased to 500Mbps?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Neil

Thanks for your reply, the upgrade was ordered on Monday the 25 Oct from 150mps to 500mps. The internet speed was upgraded before 7.00am on Tuesday 26 Oct at that time the DV phone stopped working. The internet speed during Tuesday was  down 501mps  and 72 mps  upspeed. On Wednesday morning after contacting BT by technical chat line the DV phone was regenerated (their word) by the chat advisor and DV phone has been O.K. since. However on checking internet speed about 15 minutes after DV phone working the Download was 500mps and the upload  had dropped to 50mps and still is, at 7.15pm on 27 Oct.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi, @Trebor85 Thanks for clarifying that, I'll send you a private message so you can send over your details and we'll be happy to help. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Trebor85,

Thanks for taking the time to speak with me today.

I'm happy that your DV is now working as it should be. I am also happy that I was able to correct your upload profile from 50 Mbps to a max of 75 Mbps.

If you need any help in the future, please feel free to post up on the Community.

Have a great day,

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings