Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 30

Re: V noisy landline indeed

Ah, all is now clear. IMJ and I were under the impression you had something like these http://www.panasonic.ae/EN/Manuals/KX-TG6821.pdf

So, with the faceplate of the master removed, plug the corded phone in the extension socket. There should be no dial tone.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 30

@Longshanks your link explains how phone is conencted

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Longshanks
Expert
Message 23 of 30

Doesn’t really address the issues we’ve been discussing, does it?

Refers to main base unit being connected to a filter, when the phone signal is already filtered at the master socket.

Only describes plugging secondary handset into power supply, so no need to connect by the to a telephone socket etc.

I’ve checked but I don’t think it answers issues we’ve been discussing?

Will report as line fault.

Thanks anyway?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 30

it helps in we have clarified how your phone connects and any noise which friends were experiencing does not appear to be because your extension is wired incorrectly

really need to stay conencted to test socket with a filter and see if your friends still complain about noise on your phone line  if they do then you know that it is not an internal problem so very unlikely to be charged £129.99 for the engineer callout

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 30

@Longshanks Yes, it does. 

Complete sequence to follow to ensure problem is external to your house.

Remove faceplate and connect corded phone to test socket, no filter required. Check for noise on line. If clear, fault is in your internal wiring. If noisy, remove corded phone from test socket leaving faceplate removed. Connect corded phone to extension socket and ensure there is no dial tone. This will prove that your internal wiring is correct and no longer connected.

Report noisy line fault to BT.

0 Ratings
Longshanks
Expert
Message 26 of 30

Thanks both.

I didn’t mean to be dismissive about advice offered, only that Panasonic manual may have gone through steps?

Although phone extension doesn’t work when faceplate removed, BT fault finding reports line as good. Am I bomb proof as far as the call out charge concerned?

(Didn’t get to the bottom of why the upstairs handset worked, despite socket downstairs not working. Unless I missed that?)

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 30

Your upstairs cordless worked because the base unit with the corded handset was connected to the test socket giving the dial tone. Be interesting if still in test socket if incoming calls still get noise problems

Longshanks
Expert
Message 28 of 30

Hi again

I know previously (v start of thread) you said all extensions should be dead when test socket in use. You’re no saying that upstairs cordless worked, precisely because corded handset was connected to test socket! I assume this is because cordless in this case not plugged into extension socket?

Still a bit worried about status re £129 fee.

Thanks
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 30

Ignore the cordless phone, it is a total red herring,  it is not connected directly,  it connects to the line via your corded phone.

0 Ratings
Longshanks
Expert
Message 30 of 30

Ok. Thanks to you both again.

Will report line fault and see how that develops.

L
0 Ratings