cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

VOIP with Full Fibre 900 - Complete Wi-Fi

Go to solution

Hi, 

I think I know the answer however before ordering I was informed by the customer service number that they would provide the settings to allow my Gigaset phones to be used for VOIP.

Am I able to get the VOIP settings to allow me to set up my phones with the digital phone service provided by BT or will I need to cancel the BT phone service and use a 3rd party VOIP provider?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: VOIP with Full Fibre 900 - Complete Wi-Fi

Go to solution

@newtothiscompany 

No, Digital Voice only works to the Smart Hub 2, which in turn connects to the BT phones using DECT.

You cannot use a VOIP phone.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks so mis-advised by the agent. 

Whilst the Advanced digital phone looks ok we did spend a fair bit on the Gigaset phones a few months back.

Think will cancel the digital phone service and raise a VOIP by 3rd party company that will be alot cheaper

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

@newtothiscompany  Not only will it possibly be cheaper but you'll also have the option of using a third party router if you so wish.

With Digital Voice you MUST use the SH2.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Yeah we are looking at getting the Netgear Orbi system down the line so will be best to get out of the phone contract first 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

@newtothiscompany wrote:

Yeah we are looking at getting the Netgear Orbi system down the line so will be best to get out of the phone contract first 

I think the phone part is free anyway, unless you order the special phones, and is just PAYG, unless you pay extra for a calls package.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Yes, you can continue to use your Gigaset VOIP phones, just as you did before, providing you still have access to your previous copper telephone connection. Plug in your telephone connection from your Gigaset base station to your telephone connection and connect the RJ45 plug into your router (either BT Hub or your own router).

Then carry on as before! Incoming calls via the old telephone connection, outgoing calls using Gigaset VOIP!  I am using Gigaset N300A IP with Voipdiscount!

Yes, I was also given misleading info by the BT agent who was extolling the benefits of Digital Voice! With an existing line DV is not needed (at least for another 5 years), Openreach will leave the existing copper lines connected.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Unfortunately we dont have a copper line, current broadband is provided via a wireless provider and used them to provide the VOIP serivce.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution
There must be a way of using the Gigaset system with a VOIP provider via BT Fibre without using BT's Digital Voice. I am sure you will find a way! Keep us posted.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

You can use a third party VOIP provider, just not BT's Digital Voice.

0 Ratings