accts1234
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Live in a small village and lucky to have FTTP installed and now enjoying speeds up to 900mbps instead of 6. When it was installed the Openreach installer said that I still had to keep the existing landline although as far as he was concerned the fibre line would take both internet and phone. The pub about 100 yds away also had FTTP installed but  they also have VOIP installed at same time.

The current landline goes through a windowframe which is about to be replaced so I will need to get it move so that it goes through the wall where the fibre enters. .... but is this really required. Not sure why I can't get VOIP.  BT Sales tell me that it can't be provided. Is that because I am a domestic customer rather than a business customer or is there a technical reason for this? 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: VOIP

Go to solution

if you go to hub manager - 192.168.1.254 - can you see your phone number shown and is it active?

did you get digital voice phones from BT as part of your order?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
accts1234
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you for replying. Looked at hub manager as you suggested and Phone shows Not Configured. 

Thought FTTP meant phone and internet via fibre but perhaps that’s not the case. Wasn’t given the phone option when I placed the order and BT says not available in my area yet-keep calling back to enquire.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

then looks like you need to connect phone to master socket as before

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
accts1234
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you for your reply and patience. How do I get this configured?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

if not configured for you area yet then you just need to wait

accts1234
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Thank you for your help
0 Ratings