cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Vulnerable person line fault, so lifeline doesn't work he is 84,had 4 strokes, dementia,severe copd.

Go to solution

How am I supposed to access urgent help as phone line fault confirmed, meaning my father's life line care call won't work. He is 84 has severe copd, has had 4 strokes, and has late stage vascular dementia. Have been told have to fill in forms and get copy of power attorney before they can mark him as vulnerable person and get priority fix. I find this system inhumane. 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Vulnerable person line fault, so lifeline doesn't work he is 84,had 4 strokes, dementia,severe c

Go to solution

Full info on the link below, a process has to be followed to prevent mis-use though

https://www.bt.com/help/landline/getting-set-up/help-people-with-impairments-or-with-particular-need...

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Re: Vulnerable person line fault, so lifeline doesn't work he is 84,had 4 strokes, dementia,severe c

Go to solution

@Mcg68 

I have asked forum mods who are BT Employees to see if they can help you. They will post here

can you confirm your father is a BT Retail customer

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Yes definitely bt  retail

customer, I can provide his account details. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Care call who provide his lifeline were willing to confirm his vulnerability, also his carers and GP, but this has all got to be done by letter. What happens in meantime, he has already lay 12hrs previously overnight  on floor with broken hip when system failed before. He has emergency priority with gas, electricity and water they have all been excellent. Bt on other hand have been no help at all, I appreciate not everyone is genuine but the system in place is not fit for purpose. The fact they won't liaise with medical professionals or local council providing lifeline to confirm his eligibility is shocking. 

Spoiler

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

It is shocking;   deplorable,  in fact.    However,  although it is admittedly rare that I come out in defence of BT,  I can tell you that from my experience you'll find the other providers much the same.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Mcg68 

Welcome to the community.  Sorry, you've had to post under these circumstances.

I can help get your father's line looked at and fixed for you. I have sent you a private message asking for some more details.

Thanks

Stuart

Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Your CP can raise this as an emergency welfare case. This will be passed across to openreach who will action the repair ASAP. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you for your reply regarding my father. The fault has now been resolved and they have placed him on priority fix for vulnerable people. 

0 Ratings