cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 12

Re: Why is an unfixed complaint rapidly closed by a BT agent then disappears from my page?

@lividanniewrote:  I'm rather wishing it WAS you running the company!

Thank you.    With all due modesty,  I don't think I'd make much worse a job of it.    To misquote Winston Churchill completely:  never in the field of human enterprise have so many been paid so much for doing so little.

@lividanniewrote:  As a goodwill they say they are currently waiving the monthly fees but tell me it will not be addressed with automatic compensation as I'm a new customer and they hadn't provided service yet. Hence they feel happy to leave me with no landline for months on end?

I know this doesn't help your situation directly,  but I also wish I had a pound for every time I've had to discuss BT's  ( and other companies,  to be fair )  euphemistic use of the term  'goodwill gesture'.    Not charging you for a service you're not receiving is not a goodwill gesture:  it's a legal obligation.

@lividanniewrote:  Exactly right Firefox1701, no landline to dial in or out of for months. (apart from a few days here and there while fixes were put in place and then back to zero)  

It never ceases to amaze me how BT will stand on the fact that if there's a fault which may lie inside your home,  they're only contracted to provide a working telephone line up to your master socket;   and then  -  your own case being a prima facie example  -  they fail to do that.    It has been made clear to me along the way that there are certain things you can't post on here,  so I won't make the same mistake twice:  all I'll say is that the CEO's e-mail address is publicly available via a Google search,  and if I were in your shoes,  I'd have availed myself of it long ago.    Should you decide to pursue that route,  whether or not you feel inclined to revisit the subject of compensation is of course for you to decide.

@lividanniewrote:  I believe you and I share the same mistrust of what goes on.

Ain't that the truth.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 12

Re: Why is an unfixed complaint rapidly closed by a BT agent then disappears from my page?

Hi @lividannie,

I am so sorry to read about your experience. I would like to offer you our help. I'll send you a private message with some information that I need.

@Keith_Beddoe, thanks for flagging this to me.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings