cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Yet another Digital Voice Question

@Jane2018  You seem to have a complex system of telephone/broadband lines. You don’t seem to want to simplify it and save some money.

As for when you get FTTP via the Openreach network I understand that they allow for 1 fibre cable to each dwelling. So you won’t get 3 fibre cables to replace the 3 copper lines but could have multiport ONT. I don’t know what the Alt nets do if additional fibre lines are required.

Message 12 of 14

I agree. I think I am going to leave it at slow baby steps with this very helpful forum in the background - I have already removed all landlines from the house except the two (two numbers) into my office.

I am leaving the two separate broadband accounts 2 flights up and the one in my office so the boys and I have the 2 separate ones and in case one goes down. (FTTP is not available yet here anyway although may be soon).

My next move will be to Digital voice in London by end of year. Once that is working I will probably then consider if I really need the landline number that costs £25 a month and may well not need.

Bit by bit I will get there. I am already down from 6 lines to 3. When we moved here the previous owners in the 90s had some kind of internal telephone switch board most of which they took with them when they left - tjhe telephone wiring in the garage looks absolutely horrendous to my untrained eye.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

I discovered today that the possible FTTP men  are with "Community Fibre" who are working in this area of London, not BT so things seems to get more and more complicated as no way would I ever lose my main landline number.

May be when FTTP comes I can take that from Community Fibre and BT would let me change my BB and telephone just to a telephone line but I bet that is a very difficult option of which to persuade BT....

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

Good heaven - I just learned of the BT/EE merger thing and people ultimately having to move over. So we have digital voice forced on us in London by end of next month (Dec 2023); we have hopefully at some point FTTP coming (in my area probably with "Community Fibre" company) which I know is a voluntary choice of course but will be much faster; and then also a forced move to EE . Goodness knows what will happen to my poor landlines in all this..... and the numbers I have had since the 1990s.
0 Ratings