cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
san12345
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

can't report landline fault

I know it's Christmas Day but I just want to report a landline fault. The BT phone lines are closed. The chatbot has no staff available; the online complaints page is refusing to accept a complaint ("sorry something went wrong" - yeah right) ; there's no email address to send the fault notification to. How is a customer supposed to report a fault on a timely basis in this technological age?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: can't report landline fault

@san12345 

Welcome to this user forum.

You can report a landline fault here https://www.bt.com/help/report-and-track-your-bt-problem

Select "landline" and that will take you to your MyBT login, where you can follow the steps  and report the fault.

0 Ratings
san12345
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

thanks - i've tried this several times but i just get stuck in a loop which has no end to file a fault report

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

@san12345 wrote:

thanks - i've tried this several times but i just get stuck in a loop which has no end to file a fault report

The script is affected by the result of the line test, so you have to do that first.

If you did that, then what did it say?

0 Ratings
san12345
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

it said contact us to report the fault!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

@san12345 wrote:

it said contact us to report the fault!

Never seen that. It normally asks you to check the connection at the master socket and when you have done that, it then gives you the option to raise a fault report, with a warning that there may be an £85 charge if the fault is proven to your own equipment.

It then progressed to the point where it gives you a fault reference and estimated repair time.

I am assuming that you have a normal copper phone line, and not BT Digital Voice?

0 Ratings