cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 2 of 8

changing my phone number

If I ask BT to change my landline phone number, can it be done without being forced onto digital?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8

how to turn off annoying answerphone beeping sound on BT 2600

Got a BT 2600 landline corded phone.

Ccan someone please explain how I can turn off that annoying repetitive beeping sound when somebody has left a message?

I don't want the whole street to hear the beeping sound and don't want to be woken up by it either

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

is there such a phone?

What I am looking for, is a corded phone with

answerphone, redial button, call blocker, loud-speaker

Is there such a phone? If so what phone? I'm having a lot of trouble finding the phone I need, most phones found seem to be without at least one of the above

cheers

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

change number or buy expensive gadget?

fed up with spoof-scam calls.

BT call protect only blocks 100. Newer phones and seperate gadgets only block up to 1000.

Neither of these stop the calls in the first place, despite TPS/ofcom/BT complaint/action fraud etc etc, doesn't matter if one picks up the phone, blocks them or not, they then call back next time on a different number.

So what are you to do when you reach that 1,000 limit but are still getting these types of calls (hello this is BT/amazon/technical team calling about your computer blah blah blah)??

What are you to do when you must leave a phone on in case an emergency arises where somebody needs to speak to you?

What are you to do when you need sleep without being disturbed by spoof scam callers?

Does one have to keep buying new gadgets or telephones, does one have to keep changing their phone number?

Surely there must be a solution to this but the organisations in question do not seem able to find one. Its funny that a few years back with harrasing phone calls one could say a rule that if a caller couldn't answer it correctly then they were not put through. The organisations in question now seem to be suggesting there is no such thing. 

Is it best to buy a gadget that can only block up to 1000, or get a new phone that can block up to 1,000, or keep changing my phone number, or just to rip my hair out???!!!!!!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

re-posting in the right place - how to turn off annoying answerphone beeping sound on BT 2600

how to turn off annoying answerphone beeping sound on BT 2600

Got a BT 2600 landline corded phone.

Ccan someone please explain how I can turn off that annoying repetitive beeping sound when somebody has left a message?

I don't want the whole street to hear the beeping sound and don't want to be woken up by it either

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

re-posting in the right place - is there a phone out there that has all these specifications?

is there such a phone?
What I am looking for, is a corded phone with

answerphone, redial button, call blocker, loud-speaker

Is there such a phone? If so what phone? I'm having a lot of trouble finding the phone I need, most phones found seem to be without at least one of the above

cheers

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Re: re-posting in the right place - is there a phone out there that has all these specifications?

These might be the ones that you are looking for! As well as having an answerphone, call blocker, redial button and loud speaker, they also feature adjustable volume. They can be found for purchase on Ebay and a lot of 3rd party telephone equipment websites such as One direct and amplifiedtelephones.co.uk:

The Geemarc CL595 Big Button Phone With Answering Machine.

The XL785 Combo Corded DECT White

Bigtel 1580 Combo

There are also a few others out there too, I can't post direct links to them as it's not allowed, but they can be easily found on google by typing into search "corded phone with answerphone, call blocker and loud speaker".

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Re: re-posting in the right place - is there a phone out there that has all these specifications?

@Bertreb93 

You will never block calls by simply adding them to a block list, you need to have a phone which only allows calls from specific callers.

There are plenty of cordless phones, like the BT4600 which do that very effectively.

You may be better using something like  TrueCall or CPR Call Blocker which intercepts calls before they reach your phone. You then have a choice of wired phones to use.

0 Ratings