cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

digital voice handsets

I have just been activated for full fibre broadband and digital voice and have purchased what I thought were the correct phones but they do not connect wirelessly to the hub. What phone should I have? I looked on he website and purchased Advanced phones but it doesn't have the option to connect that way. Please help

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: digital voice handsets

@Lesley1706 

They do not connect using wireless. There is a DECT base station inside the home hub, and this connects to the special Digital Voice phones provided by BT, as part of the order.

If you have purchased a separate phone system with a base unit, then that needs to plug into the phone socked on the Smart Hub 2.

It sounds like you have just bought a totally separate system.

These are the correct phones.

https://btsupport.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/5435765/1572276108/redirect/1/filename/Essential%20Dig...

https://btsupport.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/5436233/1572451451/redirect/1/filename/Advanced%20Digi...

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Should I have received a phone when I signed up for Digital voice as a new customer?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

@Lesley1706 wrote:

Should I have received a phone when I signed up for Digital voice as a new customer?

I think so. I believe you are given a choice of phone.

See if any other forum members can clarify this.

@imjolly  Can you please help?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

As fa as I know you are offered 2 essential phones or 1 advanced phone free when you sign up to DV

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

I have also had Full Fibre activated and BT sent me two "Advanced" Phone units. I follow the first two steps of the set up instructions as per the PDF link above but I have a problem linking the handset to the smart hub. There is no option to link it to the hub, it only wants to register to the charging base station. I pressed the WPS button on the hub and waited but the handset doesn't recognise it.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

if you go to hub manager 192.168.1.254 into address bar then if you phone number shown and purple/blue then select and you can register handsets by selecting 'start registration'

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

@elderflower wrote:

I have also had Full Fibre activated and BT sent me two "Advanced" Phone units. I follow the first two steps of the set up instructions as per the PDF link above but I have a problem linking the handset to the smart hub. There is no option to link it to the hub, it only wants to register to the charging base station. I pressed the WPS button on the hub and waited but the handset doesn't recognise it.

What charging base station?

All there should be are the phones, each one with its own charger that it sits in.  That is not a DECT base station.

Are you sure BT have sent the correct phones?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

At this moment I don't think BT have sent me the correct phones but there's only one type of "Advanced" phone as far as I'm aware (the other phone option being "Essential"). By base station I mean the cradle that the handset sits in to charge it. There's also an answering machine built in too.

In the box it came with an RJ11 cable which I can't use because there is no master socket in the house now but I don't believe that it's needed anyway as the handset should pair with the smart hub. That's how I understand it.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Sounds like the wrong phone that has been sent, as there should not be an answering machine and a lead to connect to your phone line.

This is the phone https://btsupport.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/5436233/1572451451/redirect/1/filename/Advanced%20Digi...

0 Ratings