Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hellothere19
Contributor
Message 11 of 16

Re: faulty line /house alarm not working

Go to solution

I don't know, I know it certainly is not my fault, as I haven't touched the panel

I pay for a monitored alarm which includes Redcare, so they need to sort it out between them but I feel it might take a while....

0 Ratings
hellothere19
Contributor
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

there is a test socket i have access too, but I don't have an old fasioned wired phone I can use to test from here

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

@hellothere19 wrote:

there is a test socket i have access too, but I don't have an old fasioned wired phone I can use to test from here

You do not need a phone, simply remove the front part of the master phone socket, to reveal the test socket, that should isolate the alarm unit from the line. Then ring the phone number for that line, from a mobile phone, and see if it rings out, or is still busy.

If its still busy, its a line fault. If it rings out, then its the alarm unit causing the fault. I am surprised that they did not ask you to try that.

0 Ratings
hellothere19
Contributor
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

thanks for the tip

I spoke to ADT again, who told me it was a redcare/BT issue. I used the tet socket and it sounded  busy so it was definitely a line fault

The line has now been restored by BT, just wish it would have been dealt with quicker.  

Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

@hellothere19 wrote:

thanks for the tip

I spoke to ADT again, who told me it was a redcare/BT issue. I used the tet socket and it sounded  busy so it was definitely a line fault

The line has now been restored by BT, just wish it would have been dealt with quicker.  

It would depend on what SLA you have with BT.

https://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11758/~/what-levels-of-support-do-bt-offer-f...

These are for business lines, but they may also be available to residential users who have a Redcare agreement. Not sure about the extra monthly cost.

See https://www.bt.com/pricing/current/Maintenance_boo/0201_d0e5.htm#0201-d0e5

"Where BT provides telecommunication service or hires equipment to Residential customers, Standard Fault Repair service (Standard Care) is included in the rental. Prompt & Total Care are also available for telephone service and/or equipment at the charges shown. Customers with privately owned equipment may also arrange for BT to provide Standard, Prompt or Total Care maintenance"

So it looks like it is available.

0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

With redcare the connection to the alarm unit is wired direct onto the back of the linebox so it's not possible to isolate it by removing the front plate 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings