Message 1 of 9

faulty line

Go to solution

trying to report a faulty line for an 80 year old, but problems with call centre wanting details from me relevent to my family or won't report. They want my mothers maiden name and date of birth even though they are deceased and im an aop as well.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: faulty line

Go to solution

They are questions that the account holder are asked in order to verify that the Customer Service rep is dealing with the account holder.

If you are not the account holder you will need to tell the CS rep that and the account holder will need to inform the CS rep that it is OK for you to act on his/her behalf.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Told the bt rep that, also that they had no money on mobile(£149 lost on waiting yesterday). Rep said no way around it .

Whole issue seemed stupid as BT would know it was their number and a fault on line. Told them persons age and ill with lung issues. What does it take to do a good samaritan report these days. Gave them her mobile but rep said they can't ring her.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

@vincent52 

You said aop, do you mean POA (Power Of Attorney)?

If the POA is registered with BT, then the Service Rep should see your name against the customer account, and allow you to raise a report.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

You can report !ine faulty phoning 0800800151 from mobile free.

But for security you need account holder to start call and give you authority to deal with it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Sorry

OAP old age pensioner. ☹️

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Was a customer, changed this year, not surprising!.......Also told rep that as well.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @vincent52 it sounds like the advisor was asking to add your details to the account as a contact so they could speak to you about your friend's line and report the fault. To do that we need some information that we can use as security questions to validate you for any future contacts you may need to have with BT on your friend's behalf. This is a BT policy as we need to know who we're speaking to in order to protect our customer's private data.

I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team so you can pass over your friend's information and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @vincent52 ,

Thanks for sending over the details. I've just spoken with your aunt and she has confirmed the engineer has resolved the problem. 

Cheers

David 

0 Ratings