cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

fibre broadband with landline

Go to solution

Hello

I've recently had a fibre installation completed with new hub.

My copper line was disconnected and my landline phone plugs into the hub.

I have 2 problems to resolve please:

- if I dial 111 - nothing. 999 works.

- my home alarm dial out now doesn't work either. Alarm co say 'its not our problem'. I've tried connecting it to the hub with a phone plug but no joy.

Can anyone offer advice please?

thanks Andy

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: fibre broadband with landline

Go to solution

you could try the solution in this post as it works and allows you to keep using your existing phone sockets

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-voice-phones-only-work-near-your-hu...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

The alarm company will soon go out of business if they take that attitude. All copper lines are being gradually phased out with an expected completion date of 2025.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

imjolly,

thanks for the suggestion, however I have no phone sockets in the house - we had just the 'master socket'.

my home phone is an old panasonic wireless setup with the 'base unit' that was plugged into the now dead 'master socket'

why doesn't the digital service take the call to 111?

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

just tried calling 111 using my DV phone and works ok  don't have old phone connected as don't use landline normally

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@wisb 

Its possible the alarm unit used loop disconnect dialling, which is not supported on DV, it has to be tone dialling. The alarm companies have known about the changeover for a while now.

It may also be hard wired to the original copper connection, so will need moving.

Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
Keith, thanks I'll check the alarm specs. it was hard wired and I did try to move it to a flexi lead and 'plug it in' - it did dial out out and i then got text messages to my mobile - so i guess that works? I just though i'd made a fault...
thanks for the help.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
OK - thanks for help - it does work today!
maybe when i tried it yesterday (in a panic) the connection time was slow...