Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Orient
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

keep getting "the number you dialled has not been recognised"

Go to solution

Strange one this.   I have a panasonic  digital cordless phone and noticed when I was dialing numbers I was getting the above error.  When i tried the same number on the mobile it was fine.  I also have a older bt type phone on an extension and when i dialed a number that was fine.   I phoned BT and did numerous tests but they could not find a problem on the adsl copper based land line.  I decided to change the Panasonic phone for a new model but it made no difference.  Sometimes it works on numbers and other times I get the error message.  I have also contacted panasonic support to no avail.   I also have broadband fibre 2 on the same connection connected via a master socket SC that was newly installed by BT as i was getting a much slower broadband speed than advertised which  did cure that problem.    I have tried disconnecting the extension phone but made no difference. 

Oh yes sometimes when I dial a number it does work.   Any ideas?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4

Re: keep getting "the number you dialled has not been recognised"

Go to solution

Just to clarify; does this happen when you literally dial the number using the keypad, when using abbreviated dialling or when calling someone in your  contact list?

0 Ratings
Orient
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
it normally happens when I dial from the keypad, although i have also tried it from last call and still the same. Sometimes i dial a number and it might work, but then dial some other numer and get the error. Im sure i did not have this problem before, so mysified why it is doing it now.
0 Ratings
Orient
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I power cycled the base station, which then seem to allow to dial out without the error.  I do not expect this to fix the problem completely, as it appears intermittent.  I will persevere.

0 Ratings