cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikkiet
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

land line not receiving calls.

Recently moved into a new-build property and signed up with BT for fibre broadband and land line (digital phone service).

I can make calls on the landline but cannot receive calls. When the number is called, it says the number is not recognised.

Is this some sort of porting issue? Has anyone had this same issue when moving into a new-build property?

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: land line not receiving calls.

@mikkiet 

If you call your mobile phone from your landline, is the correct number displayed?

Do you have a direct fibre into the house, with an Openreach box which has lights on it?

0 Ratings
mikkiet
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Hi Keith

I have direct fibre into the house. I can call other numbers fine from the landline but I cannot receive calls. When I call my mobile, the correct number is displayed. I am using BT's digital voice phones (not DECT) which I ordered together with the broadband service.

I can only assume its a config issue with the network.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

As its FTTP then all you can do is to give them a call on 0800 587 4787.

Nobody else on this forum can help with these connections.

ohnoyolo
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Having the same issue. When i make an outbound call the number shows up correctly on my mobile. Just switched to BT broadband (Fibre2, but not fibre into property) & phone and migrated old number. Everything worked fine with previous provider.

When I try to view incoming calls online the page gives an error.

0 Ratings
mikkiet
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Have rung the number. They have passed the issue on to Open Reach.

0 Ratings
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

@ohnoyolowrote:

Having the same issue. When i make an outbound call the number shows up correctly on my mobile. Just switched to BT broadband (Fibre2, but not fibre into property) & phone and migrated old number. Everything worked fine with previous provider.

When I try to view incoming calls online the page gives an error.

@ohnoyolo 

It would be a good idea to start your own thread on here.

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings