cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Izzy2
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

phone line and broadband not working

While away in early Jully I lost my broadband (the hive hub let me know). When I got back I found that the hub was flashing purple, I checked all connnections and turned it on and off again with no change. 

So I decided to check the phone. I called a mobile number I knew to work only to be told that the number wasn't recognised so I phoned a known landline with same result. I then tried phoning myself only for the line to not connect. 

After three phone calls to BT they finally agreed somthing wasn't right with my broadband and agrred to send and engineer. They are now saying that the fault is internal they started of saying it was external. 

Tried to get them to acknowledge there was somthing wrong with the phone line too and they said they would phone me back on my landline, strangely they haven't (maybe beacuse the line isn't working). 

I spoke to my neighbour with a differnt provider (Virgin) who let me on his internet and he mentioned at the start of July the engineers were in the lane behind the property doing somthing to the wires and with the pole which brings the line to the house. 

I have no idea what other checks I can do.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: phone line and broadband not working

No working phone = no broadband (or at best very slow) Ring in a line fault. Once repaired your broadband will be back.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 3 of 3

Re: phone line and broadband not working

Hi @Izzy2 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry that your services have developed a fault.  As you have reported this a few times and you're no further forward you can get in touch with us and we will check this out.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings