cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MissIntuitive87
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

"Sorry! You may not make calls from this line at the moment."

Hi all! Has anyone ever had this message before? I've had no end of nuisances since moving to my new house with "fibre-to-home". I moved in in June, got the wrong BT modem sent to me... twice. Finally got things working (and yes BT were very good and discounted my bill for the loss of service) but yet I still can't get the landline up and running. I've been told it's an open order. Passed through to another department who told me it isn't an open order and to try several different things first to prevent a costly engineer visit. Tried 3 different phones. Now I'm getting this message immediately when starting a call. No dial tone. Just that message from a female voice instantly. Any ideas? I hate paying money out down the drain when you're not actually benefitting from it what-so-ever. Frustrating! 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: "Sorry! You may not make calls from this line at the moment."

Welcome to this user forum.

Fibre to the home issues are dealt with on 0800 587 4787. Is that the number you are calling?

The BT Employees who moderate this forum cannot help with these.

You would not be charged for any visit, as its a network issue.

MissIntuitive87
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: "Sorry! You may not make calls from this line at the moment."

Thank you - I'm trying to avoid calling again due to being so busy and not wanting to tie myself to the phone for ages, but I suppose I'd just bite the bullet and do it 😄
0 Ratings