cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heenebeach
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

record of incoming landline calls

I used to be able to see online a record of incoming landline calls and be able to mark chosen ones as blacklisted. This facility seems to have disappeared . Why is this?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Carlusha
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: record of incoming landline calls

@heenebeachwrote:

I used to be able to see online a record of incoming landline calls and be able to mark chosen ones as blacklisted. This facility seems to have disappeared . Why is this?

I waited with interest to see whether one of the 'phone experts would reply.

The facility never existed - not for landline phones, as far as I am aware. I wonder what it was you "used to see online". Are you perhaps referring to your mobile phone calls received? I have a record on my mobile phone but MyBT doesn't have a record who called you.

0 Ratings
Aljaha
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

I assume you saw these via BT Call Protect and this is still available through MyBT/Your Products/Landline/BT Call protect.

0 Ratings
heenebeach
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for your reply Calusha.  The list of incoming landline calls was in BT Protect - Login MY BT/my products/ BT Protect.  On 31 Jan I completed a new broadband contract with BT TV, keeping BT Protect. The list continued until 11Feb and then stopped.

0 Ratings
heenebeach
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Thank you Aljaha. That's where the list was. On 31Jan I completed a new Broadband contract and added BT TV, keeping BT Protect. The listing continued until  11 Feb and then stopped. I can still add numbers to a blacklist but the list was useful to see who had called me.

0 Ratings
BrianM-1
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

On MyBT I used to be able to see a list of incoming calls. This was very useful.
It also made it easy to identify scam calls and to add them to the Security Blacklist.

But that list facility seems to be no longer available. Or if it is available, where is it? 

A previous 'reply to message; said that BT never provided such a facility! I can assure that they did!
The sad thing is that BT never advised me/us that they were reducing their telephony services (but not reducing their services costs.) BT also ceased providing the address book which showed the names of callers and the names of people I call. But the BT website continued to advertise their address book facility! ... Advertising something they had stopped providing! (No comment!)

Question: Why does BT not tell us, nor their website managers, when they are removing certain services from their contracted provisions? 

0 Ratings
Pedigree500
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

@BrianM-1wrote:

On MyBT I used to be able to see a list of incoming calls. This was very useful.
It also made it easy to identify scam calls and to add them to the Security Blacklist.

But that list facility seems to be no longer available. Or if it is available, where is it?

The following works for me:

Your homepage > Your products/Manage > Landline/Manage > BT Call Protect/Manage > Your recent callers/Manage