Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mel2
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

telegraph pole installation date

Go to solution

Hi.  How do I find out the date of installation of a telegraph pole. The pole actually replaced another in the same place and I want to find out the date of installation.

thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: telegraph pole installation date

Go to solution

Only Openreach would know that.

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/home.do

0 Ratings
Starwire2000
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
The Pole will have a birth mark on it that has the year it was made.

The year it was made though is not necessarily the year it was installed. Although they don’t generally over order telephone poles so there laying around the yard for years on end. Chances are if it’s year of birth was say 2002 then it was most likely installed then.

To find out the specific date it was installed only Openreach would know and I’m not entirely sure they’d just give out info as to when without knowing why you want to know.
0 Ratings
mel2
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi and thanks.

Sorry for late reply but couldn't log in so have gone into emails.

Yeah, have tried Openreach and the CEO of BT/Openreach but it just got passed on. A telegraph pole got put through a sewer pipe which drained itself into my basement and has done for some 20 years, rough guess and this is what I'm trying to pinpoint. I even mentioned in my letter about Freedom Of Information. It seems these people are above FOI. Will press on and let you know if I get any results.

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Starwire2000
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
The Freedom of Information Act only applies to information held by Public Authorities like the Police, Council, etc.

It doesn’t apply to Private Organisations and Businesses, which is what BT and Openreach are.
0 Ratings