cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 8

10 UNKNOWN DEVICES CONNECTED

Ive noticed i have unknown devices that have accessed the hub5 type b, seem to get listed under wireless, tonight i managed to catch one connected and it had a static ip of 0.0.0.0, ive already reset the hub, changed both passwords (login and wifi), but theyve just appeared again, at the moment ive got them blocked perminent with bt access control, but alas i think it makes no difference. There not my devices ....ive labelled all mine. I dont have anything with the mac addresses.I do know that static ip 0.0.0.0 means it cant communicate with anything but can monitor so wtf. Oh ...and to top it all of stuff keeps changing on my pc, like folder locations etc etc.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: 10 UNKNOWN DEVICES CONNECTED

PLEASE EXCUSE MY SPELLING LOL

Theres something else i forgot to mention ....a few days back my label changed for my wired lan desktop pc, i  always have my name plus desktop name, but it was changed to i think minit-pc.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

If folders etc on your computer are being renamed/ changed you should make sure that you do a malware scan and a virus scan with up to date scanners. I would do that while the computer is in safe mode and not connected to the Internet.

0 Ratings
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 8

I will do it again on full scan this time, these are the devices that have been listed under wireless and don't belong to me.

unknown_10:30:47:3E:EE:77
unknown_E8:50:8B:B0:A2:F2
unknown_EC:1F:72:39:50:A6
unknown_7C:91:22:B1:80:76
unknown_EC:9B:F3:08:F8:13
unknown_F4:09: D8:2D:F8:86
unknown_14:9A:10:32:BD:54
unknown_BC:79:AD:81:78:AD
unknown_FC:C2: DE:5A:B4:81
unknown_D0:51:62:35:3B:15

0 Ratings
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

Did a full scan and found nothing.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

If a malware scan and virus scan in safe mode found nothing you need to look else where for what has been making the changes to your computer. What folders are being changed? Does anybody else have access to it? Have you checked to see what programs are running on the computer and what programs have been allowed through your firewall.

0 Ratings
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

Main folders that you can access via startmenu in windows 10, documents changed to onedrive and was locked out of changing it back to default, music went to public music and videos was the same, I created a new account to get the defaults back
0 Ratings
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

I think I know what the devices are. Seems that the ppl connecting to the hotspot are showing as unknown devices, so ive turned it off. Not seen any devices yet.
0 Ratings