cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chubbs36
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

10gb in 24 hrs

Ok, so have had bt broadband activated yesterday and I get an email warning me I'm close to using my 10gb limit. How can this be? We've watched a bit of Netflix and on demand. Don't tell me netflix rinses that watch data???????
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: 10gb in 24 hrs

Its quite possible.

Here is a guide to usage.

Why is my broadband usage so high?

If you are going to use services like Netflix, then you need a much larger allowance, or an unlimited one.

10 GB is only suitable for light users, and this is mentioned on the BT website.

The 10 hours of video mentioned is only standard quality, HD quality will reduce that considerably.

Image1.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
chubbs36
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

I have upgraded now, one thing i am dissapointed with is that i was not allowed to upgrade to just unlimeded, i HAD to go with unlimited + which costs 21 quid a month as opposed to 15. 

Not the best start with BT i must say

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

@chubbs36 wrote:

I have upgraded now, one thing i am dissapointed with is that i was not allowed to upgrade to just unlimeded, i HAD to go with unlimited + which costs 21 quid a month as opposed to 15. 

Not the best start with BT i must say

At least you can now use it as much as you like, without worrying about the possibility of a large over usage charge.

Bear in mind, that some people only want it to browse the web, and read e-mails, so the lowest package suits them fine.

0 Ratings
chubbs36
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Yes, i now dont have to worry but thats not the point

whats annoyed me is that when i went to upgrade from 10gb to unlimited it told me unlimited was not available to me and i had to choose unlimited extra which is an extra £5/month for what? 50gb of cloud storage i dont want or need?

I had no choice but to accept it as i did not want to be charged for excess usage, but im not best pleased with BT on this one. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

@chubbs36 wrote:

whats annoyed me is that when i went to upgrade from 10gb to unlimited it told me unlimited was not available to me and i had to choose unlimited extra which is an extra £5/month for what? 50gb of cloud storage i dont want or need?

It also included BT Netprotect Plus, if you want to use it.

Its odd that the normal unlimited was not available to you?

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 7 of 10

Hi Chubbs36

Sounds a bit strange.  I'll have a look and see what the story is.

Could you drop me in an email please? Use the 'contact us' form in my forum profile under the 'about me' section. You can find it by clicking on my username.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
chubbs36
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

have sent message now

0 Ratings
chubbs36
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

any update on this?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

It will take about 5-6 working days for someone to look at your case, as you are in a queue.

0 Ratings