cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

2.4 GHz not working

I have the smart hub 2 and nothing will connect to the 2.4 GHz. Anything that works on that signal cannot even see the router let alone try and connect to it. 

I went into the hub manager and turned off the 5ghz to try and move across to there for all devices and not one device could 'see' this to connect to the point I had to do a factory reset to turn it back on as I couldn't get into the hub as not connected via WiFi.

It means my sky q box will not work and it's not a problem with the q box itself as BT try and tell me as if it was a problem with the sky I'd still be able to connect to 2.4ghz with other devices in the house.

I don't want to leave BT but I am coming to the end of my contract and if I can't resolve this and therefore can use all the features of sky such as streaming services I'll have no choice.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: 2.4 GHz not working

So it was working before?
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

It worked until BT sent a new router and despite me saying this repeatedly they said it is not a problem as they can see everything connecting fine to the new router. Everything less than the sky box but I have to speak to sky who will say it's the WiFi as it is locating other WiFi signals (next door for example) but not mine. It's like it doesn't exist and like I said when I turned off the 5ghz function to only use the 2.4ghz none of my devices could locate it, it's like it just doesn't exist

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

If no device can see the 2.4g it sounds like a faulty router. Did you say that BT could see and connect to 2.4g?
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
Message 5 of 10

I don't know if BT could see and connect to it as I didn't specifically ask it was only after the call that I tried to connect to the 2.4ghz specifically. 

I kept saying I thought it was a problem with the new router and he just kept saying that 'I might think that's the problem but it's not the problem' and 'is there anything between the router and the device that could block the signal' despite saying that the router is where the old one was and the devices haven't moved either so if that is the reason it would be a reason before to be also told that it could be being impacted by connections from next door but could never explain that if that was the case it would have been a problem on the old router as well to then be told they may have bought something new (granted they may) I felt patronised and not listened to to be fair so may try again tomorrow explaining it's on the 2.4ghz itself.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

They also told me that the problem can't be the router as it's the best one of the market, they did a full reset and flushed the DNS but it didn't fix anything.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Probably a faulty 2.4GHz wireless module inside the home hub. Ask for a replacement hub.

Message 8 of 10

Have you tried a WiFi analyser on your phone and see if it shows the 2.4/5ghz networks as available?

Have you tried changing the WiFi mode from 1 to 2 or 3 and see if that helps 

If nothing helps then phone CS 150 or 0800800150 from mobile and request new hub 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 9 of 10

I've not tried a WiFi analyser (don't know how to do that) but I have changed the modes and used all 3 options available and also turned the smart features off to manually change the channel but nothing changed so I reset back to factory settings instead.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

as you don't seem to making any progress with hub then phone CS 150 and ask for replacement as 2.4ghz is not working

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings