cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MitoMan
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

2.4GHZ TO 5GHZ

Hi i have recently been having issues with buffering / stuttering when watching the BT TV Player and Sky Now Player . It all starts off OK but after about 15 mins' the problems start , 

I have my Laptop Windows 10 connecting wireless and after looking at the Home Hub 6 it says i am connected on the 2.4 ghz , the Laptop is in same room as Hub about 8 ft away , i still have these problems when it is only the Laptop that is online and no one else is online or watching anything on the TV , [ i do have bt max tv].

I am sure that 5ghz would be far better than 2.4ghz so does anyone know how i can change it? My speeds for BB are fine , i never used to have any problems with any players. Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: 2.4GHZ TO 5GHZ

Can your laptop connect to the 5ghz network i.e. Is wireless card dual band?

depending on hub you can split the networks and give each network different SSID and then connect laptop to 5ghz or just turn off the 2.4ghz and force connection to 5ghz

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
MitoMan
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: 2.4GHZ TO 5GHZ

Thanks not sure it is quite old , never had issues before say the last 2 weeks. I have done a re scan on Hub, made no difference
0 Ratings