cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

2.4GHZ and 5GHZ Bands BT Smart Hub 2

Yet again my hardwired PC is unable to print to the WiFi Connected (Channel 2.4Ghz).

The device is visable via the management web page, but still no printing.

Tried powering the printer off and on, still no printing. Event deleted the print from the list then reestablished the device, and yet still no printing.

It does appear to work at random, sometimes it will print, having done so it works for the rest of that day. Otherwise, its pot-luck.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ Bands BT Smart Hub 2

does your printer connect to wifi just won't print or not connected to wifi

have you tried changing wireless channel?

have you tried changing the wireless mode from 1 to 2 or 3

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

The printer is connected to the wifi, I can see the device in the list of connected devices.

The device does not have an option to change channel, from what I can see on the set up options.

The Epson ET-2550 has worked previously with little or no difficulties.

It will print (i.e. copy) documents from the scanner to itself. So the printing component is fine.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

so this is not a broadband or even wifi connection problem as printer is connected so down to a printer problem

have you  tried reinstalling the printer or even just the printer driver again

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

@Phil927 wrote:

The device does not have an option to change channel, from what I can see on the set up options.

You don't change channel on the printer, you change channel on the Hub.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

reinstalled the driver on the PC, deleted the WiFi config in the printer and reset that for the BT Hub (again).

Have tested the printer using a cable and that works fine.

Had a similar problem a few months ago and it appeared to clear itself overnight following a Hub update.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Just to add confusion to the mix, my laptop which happened to be on 2.4ghz (same as the printer) was able to print without any difficulties.

If I have to re-install the printer drivers each time I power cycle the PC / Printer, it will be very problematic.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

In the BT Hub Settings, switch off 5GHz signal and see if that works, Also re set your epsom printer  to your network.

A few months ago the BT Smart hub 2 had an updated firmware which caused havoc with certain printers, until a new update occurred being version v0.27.06.04290-BT which rectified the printer problem.

0 Ratings