Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sargan
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 12

2 HH 5's in close proximity

I have personal Infinity (over fibre to cabinet, copper to house) BB  on a HH5 

I have also been given by my company Business Infinity  also on a HH5   (in fact they sent 3 identical HH5 buiness packs)

As I cannot cancel my persdona BB without HUGE penalty charge, I will need to keep it running ........... will 2 HH5 boxes interfere with each other at all ?

How close together can they be without causing issues ?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: 2 HH 5's in close proximity

They won't cause issues however close they are. Just make sure they are using well separated wifi channels.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

Presumably you have two phone lines one for the home and one for the business.  If so having two Homehubs should work without problem in the same house. I would not have them sitting touching each other but near to each other should not be a problem.

I would select the wireless channel manually on each of them and put the channels as far apart as possible. Make one channel 13 and the other channel 1.

See link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14094/~/how-do-i-change-the-wi-fi-channel-on-my-bt-hu...

0 Ratings
Sargan
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 12

Yes 2 x copper lines coming in, FTTC

My preference would have been to terminate personal BB ... but commercially can't be done without paying huge cancellation fee.

I will aim to keep them at least 1m apart, and good point about locking to well spaced channels - I'll run channel analyser on my phone to see the 2 least busy.

So no need to limit to single frequencies .. I can run  2.4 & 5GHz on both without issue  ... I already run as split networks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

@Sargan wrote:

So no need to limit to single frequencies .. I can run  2.4 & 5GHz on both without issue  ... I already run as split networks.

No need to worry, that is why you are selecting two different channels.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 12

Are you capped on any maximum usage on the business broadband account? If not just unplug the residential router and direct all your internet access over the business hub.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Sargan
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 12

I do have split newtork and have manually set differenmt vchannel son 2.4Ghz on each HH5

What about the 5GHz channel ... leave on auto or set to manual channels ?

0 Ratings
Sargan
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 12

No Biz is unlimted +

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

Sargan wrote:

What about the 5GHz channel ... leave on auto or set to manual channels ?

You should manually set the channel if you use the 5Ghz. Not all devices can use it.

0 Ratings
Sargan
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 12

One more Q ... 

I have an HP printer connected by WiFi to my personal HH5. and it works fine with PC and any devices connected by WiFi to that HH5. (I'll call it personal WiFi ) ...   which I use for both personal & business -

Now I have my business laptop connected (by Ethernet) to the new Business HH5 (I'll call it biz WiFi)

I find I cannot connect to the Printer ...  I'm assuming that this is due to the printer being on a different network.

Is there a simple way to set up HH's so that Laptop can connect to printer connected to  Personal WIFI

0 Ratings