cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

2 pairs of powerline adapters in the same house?

Go to solution

Hi everyone

Is it ok to use 2 pairs of powerline adapters of the same brand(comtrend) in the same house? I'm currently using 1 pair of powerline adapters for BT vision and I want to buy another one for my PC. I was just wondering if it might cause some problems if I used two?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Powerline Adapters question

Go to solution

you can't use 2 separate sets but you could pair them all together and just create 1 with 4 powerline adapter especially if all the same make/model

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

You can add additional ones and pair them with the master one, but you cannot have two separate connection back to the home hub.

powerline_correct.jpg

powerline_incorrect.jpg

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply guys. But how would I go about doing it? So let's say I bought another pair. Do I just plug them in the sockets and turn them on but not use the cables that come with it?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@Xenice wrote:

Thanks for the reply guys. But how would I go about doing it? So let's say I bought another pair. Do I just plug them in the sockets and turn them on but not use the cables that come with it?

See http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14271/~/powerline-adapters-and-bt-mini-connectors-use...

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks everyone. All answers were very helpful

0 Ratings