Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JohnGfast
Beginner
Message 1 of 23

3rd Party Router options

Hello,

I'm curently on Ultrafast Fibre Plus, with smart hub 2, due to the custom dns limitiations and few other i would like to get an better router with wider range of options, could you recomned few options for me, not eneirely sure if i need adsl one or not.

Bellow i atached the line specs.

Many Thanks,

John

fttp or gfast.png

Will this one be compatible with my line/packacge etc

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NETGEAR-D7800-100UKS-Nighthawk-Connections-Infinity/dp/B01560JKAE

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 23

Re: 3rd Party Router options

That one will be compatable.

Asking for recommendations on a community like this could get you many different answers. Different people have different preferences for manufacturers, different networking needs and different budgets.

All you need to know is pick a VDSL router which has the specs to suit your needs.

0 Ratings
JohnGfast
Beginner
Message 3 of 23

Thanks pippincp,

This will do it as i needed only the confirmation that vdsl is what i need :).
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 23

@pippincp  Are you sure the Netgear supports G.Fast?

The TP Link AC2800 definitely does.

0 Ratings
JohnGfast
Beginner
Message 5 of 23

I have digged a bit more after this post and found this compatible devices, regarding Netgear this ones seems to might compatible with Gfast, not sure, the bellow are vdsl compatible but not rated as Gfast compatible.
As i have amazon prime(easy return) i will give it a go to one of them to see how it works and update you on this.
Netgear VDSL: D7000, D7000v2, D7800, DM200 - Lantiq

https://uno.help/knowledge-base/article/openreach-approved-vdsl-modems

Many Thanks,
John

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 23

The DM200 is really just a modem.

0 Ratings
JohnGfast
Beginner
Message 7 of 23

Hi licquorice,

I have noticed that, although i don't need a modem only, i listed just what was on that list.

I wonder if anyone else use a 3rd party router on G.fast?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 23

@licquorice wrote:

@pippincp  Are you sure the Netgear supports G.Fast?

The TP Link AC2800 definitely does.

Yes. Its also an Openreach approved VDSL router.

JohnGfast
Beginner
Message 9 of 23

I have reciced the Archer vr2800, i went for this one, i can't make it work under no circumstances i have been 1h over the phone with tp link support operatives, few bt ones even dow the chat ones they basicly told me off that i try to use a 3rd party one on bt.

Doe's anyone have any guide for this that will work on gfast, from te result that tp link support they said i need to send it back as the adsl light is not coming on at all, and when they where runing idagnostic tool was saying that xDSL connection is lost.

What i have tried so faar:

Quick setup with BT_VDSL and  general login bthomehub@btbroadband.com with bt or without.

Quick setup with Other and  general login bthomehub@btbroadband.com with bt or without then went on Advanced tab and chosen VDSL2 , VLAN  ID 101.

If anyone can give a hand before i send this back Monday, would be much apreciated.

Regards,

George 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 23

Silly question, did you set operation mode to DSL modem router mode and not Wireless router mode?

0 Ratings