cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
99ron
Message 1 of 7

5 GHZ WiFI still not working on HUB6 after SSID spilt

Hi. Issue started with WiFi devices getting stuck on connecting to SSID. On Andriod I see error -  "waiting for IP address".  On Apple it shows a 169.x.x.x IP. On a WIN10 laptop I connect but no internet and when I do ipconfig there is no ip address.

Seems DHCP not working in the hub. Moved away from the Hub and found it worked so actually what's happening is 2.4Ghz is ok, 5Ghz is broken.

Today on advice from BT we split the SSIDs so 5Ghz has a new name. Now everything works fine on 2.4Ghz using the existing SSID name but if you try and connect to 5Ghz then same "waiting for ip address" issue.  It was working until recently so either there's been an upgrade to firmware that has broken 5Ghz or the hub has a hardware issue.

It's my mother in laws broadband but I'm tasked with helping. When reporting the fault so far she has been fobbed off saying the line is ok (yes we know) and today they said "if you connect on 5Ghz wifi then it might work better". Laughable. 

Can anyone shed any light please and yes I've done a factory reset and switched off smartWiFi. Seems the Hub 6 wifi is a mess at the moment. Should not have to split SSIDs in any case.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: 5 GHZ WiFI still not working on HUB6 after SSID spilt

Have you tried a factory reset by pressing recessed button on back and holding until lights flash 20/30secs

then split networks again and also turn off smart setup

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
99ron
Message 3 of 7

Knew someone would say that so I'd just edited my issue as you posted. Smiley Happy
But yes I've done those things and still have the problem, but come on why are customers having to do that in the 1st place. Most other ISP routers/hubs I've seen work perfectly well with the single SSID for both. You should not have to go fiddle with settings to get a basic connection, and if you're connecting over 5Ghz wifi you can't get in to change it in the 1st place until you realise what's going on. Terrible.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

A reset often clears your sort of problem and also often helps if there has been a firmware update which has not fully implemented 

if you have tried that and your 5ghz devices cannot still connect then phone customer services and ask for new replacement hub. You may need to be insistent

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
99ron
Message 5 of 7

Thanks, New hub is I think the answer. I keep asking and keep getting the run around. I'll try again tomorrow and insist or it's PAC time. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

You said you did factory reset but I would try again and make sure you turn off smart septup as well as splitting networks

0 Ratings
Hildener
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

The Hub Manager should show the status of the wi-fi networks. And also display Information re when the latest firmware update occurred. It's always adviseable to split the Networks.Though it seems like it's probably a faulty Hub.

0 Ratings