cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rogue3
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

5gz no longer working/how to roll back to old firmware?

Ive had no issues with 2.4/5gz connectivity for 2.5 years, early this morning all of my 5gz devices have stopped connecting to wireless on homehub 5, the 2.4gz devices are unaffected and the 5gz devices work when connecting to the 2.4gz ssid.

The log shows -

CWMP: Download file, FileType=4, FileName=hh5a-​v13_4-​complete.tar.gz.aes.rsa.signed

Is this a firmware update?   Its in the log around the time 5gz stopped, if so, so how do I roll back to the previous fimware? (and also, how do I find what the previous version of the firmware installed was?)

Alternatively, does anyone know if this is a known issue and if there is a fix to get 5gz connections working?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: 5gz no longer working/how to roll back to old firmware?

you cannot roll back the hub firmware  have you had a firmware update - check stats as it will show time of last update

try a factory reset by pressing the recessed button on back and holding 20/30 secs until lights flash

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
dao2009
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Just posted the same thing - brilliant how well the search works (searched firmware update 5ghz problem didn't show your post).

BT Home Hub 5 (Type A) | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.264 | Last updated 02/03/19

That's my update. 5ghz connection trashed. All wired connections and 2.4ghz not a problem.

0 Ratings
NigelMcD
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Same issueas desciibed 5GHz will not connect devices just cycle and fail connection.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
NigelMcD
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Additional note, router also drops out periodically.

0 Ratings