cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 21

Re: 900MB full fibre wireless lack luster

Go to solution

You should be getting much more on on 80Mhz but it depends on the spatial streams your devices support. Supported equipment, that for example, operate 2x2 will allow a device to operate of two streams increasing bandwidth.

I have an old WIFI 5 (yes WIFI 5) laptop here which can operate at 2x2 and connecting with 80Mhz can achieve over 700Mbps, you will not find many folks recommending using 160Mhz and with 160Mhz it wont really matter what channel you are using, they will all either be a bad or as good as the other, but mostly bad.

Turning up your bandwidth to 160 has of course doubled the potential performance with speed tests but you maybe effecting your latency given the interference now. Based on those link speeds and those bandwidths I dont think the USB WIFI supports anymore than one stream, I think this isnt often on USB WIFI because of the space required to have two antennas to operate the two streams.

Having said that, I think we've all given you enough info now! If you are happy then really thats all that matters.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra