Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Graham345
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

A bit confused with this ?

Go to solution

I was previously with EE, Brightbox 1, getting 36 Meg wired, and 32 Meg wireless, 3.5 meters from router. Now Infinity 2, 77 Meg wired, and 37 Meg wireless, 3.5 meters from router ? Nothing else has changed locally in my home, have always used inSSIDer, and no other local activity, do I need to re-config something, or does the HH5 perform that bad wirelessly ?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: A bit confused with this ?

Go to solution

There are some reports of poor wireless on the HH5.

You should make sure that your computers wireless network card drivers are up to date. Use the card manufacturers website rather than using Windows drivers which can be out of date.

You should also make sure you have turned off "smart set up" on the Homehub. See link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

Some devices also have a problem with the dual band wireless on the HH5 having the same SSids (name)

Try giving the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz frequencies different SSids. Just add a 5 to the end of the 5Ghz SSid so you know which is which. Check the 5 GHz Sync with 2.4 GHz: is set to NO.

Once you have done that "forget" the connection on your devices and then restart them and on the ones that that can use both frequencies connect  to both SSids if you want them to be able to use both frequencies.

See this link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/~/i-have-problems-connecting-5ghz-and-dual-band...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Its quite possible that your wireless adapter is not capable of operating above 32mb speed, so it would not matter how fast your actual line speed is, your wireless would not go any faster.

You need at least a wireless "n" wireless adapter in your computer. Many older wireless cards are only capable of wireless "g" speeds.

Ideally you should also use WPA2 encryption and AES cypher.

If you have an internal wireless card, then its often easier to add an external USB wireless adapter which is more capable.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Graham345
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Full range RT3090, will do 144mb . . After killing the 5mhz synching it got me a bit more grunt, but I think there's something else going on ? I don't think there's anything USB that could be practically more capable, but it might be an experiment . .

0 Ratings
Graham345
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Well I'll be jiggered ! I picked up an Asus N53 usb adapter, and am now getting 65 Meg  . .   Thanks for that Keith.

0 Ratings