Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pipmeister
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

ADSL Connection

Go to solution

My B.T. Broad Band Connection regularly drops out.

• When using the Internet, a page will freeze just as my Voyager 210 ADSL Router Internet light goes out. The desktop help then pops up, and goes through a check, which shows that there’s a problem with the connection - I’ll take some screen shots to demonstrate.

• Sometime between 2 and 5 minutes later, the Internet light comes back on, and my connection returns.

• I have Ethernet wired connection to a Windows XP P.C.

• Is there a solution that I can attempt, or is this a feature of BT Total Broadband Option 1? 

Pip.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
NinjaZXR
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: ADSL Connection

Go to solution

There is a history of overheating with that model, barring any other faults it may need replacing.

Some advice given in this post.

http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/BT-Voyager-210-ADSL-Router-problems/m-p/195533#M4539

pipmeister
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hello NinjaZXR,

I see what you mean about the Voyager 210 getting too hot. I work in electronics, so I've got a bit of a clue what to expect.

I'll contact B.T. about getting a replacement / updated model.

Many Thanks, Pip.

0 Ratings
pipmeister
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@NinjaZXR wrote:

There is a history of overheating with that model, barring any other faults it may need replacing.

Some advice given in this post.

http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/BT-Voyager-210-ADSL-Router-problems/m-p/195533#M4539

Hi again. Thank you for your help.

I contacted B.T. by e-mail, describing the problem. I also mentioned that it had been suggested on this forum, that my Voyager 210 might be suffering from overheating. This resulted in a 20-minute call from them, and I was given a line test.

The outcome of this led to me being sent a BT ADSL Home Hub 3.0 & Welcome Pack.

Connected it up, and everything is now just fine and dandy!

Many thanks for helping me sort out my problem.

Kind regards,Pip.

0 Ratings