Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
usermac
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 25

Re: ADSL LINE STATS COMPARED TO VDSL

Go to solution
I get it now thank you I was under the impression it would need to show as EO LINE if it was being fed from the exchange this is confusing.
Thanks for you help was curious the noise and attention difference but do think the CAP plays a strong part.
I am not saying there is a fault I am just interested in how it works πŸ™‚
0 Ratings
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 25

Go to solution
@pippincp, the OP may need it if the line is prone to errors (if on a Huawei cabinet).
0 Ratings
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 25

Go to solution
@usermac, it's quite likely that your line was an EO line when you were on ADSL, considering what your line length was, and then it was moved to a PCP for when the VDSL cabinet was installed.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 25

Go to solution

Its academic anyway as you are connecting at maximum speed of Superfast2, but looking at the DM200 manual, it doesn't appear to have the option to see max data rate. If you were that interested, you could always temporarily connect your Home Hub to get the stats.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 25

Go to solution

@Techwizz wrote:
@usermac, it's quite likely that your line was an EO line when you were on ADSL, considering what your line length was, and then it was moved to a PCP for when the VDSL cabinet was installed.

It clearly wasn't.

0 Ratings
usermac
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 25

Go to solution

G.INP that is basicaly interleaving which as a gamer I dont want as it causes higher latency I really hope I dont have interleaing put on after the 10days.  

0 Ratings
usermac
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 25

Go to solution
I got this wrong by looks of it takes over the old interleaving with out causing the higher latency right?

https://kitz.co.uk/adsl/retransmission.htm

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 25

Go to solution

G.Inp is not interleaving, it is an error correction mechanism at the DSL layer.

Stop fretting, your line is perfect and performing at the best possible speed and latency.

Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 25

Go to solution

@licquorice, ok well we can't know for sure. We don't have evidence.

@usermac, yes you're right. G.INP is clever in the fact that it gives error protection, but also increases speed (only if your line was previously interleaved) as well as not producing additional latency that old interleaving produced.

0 Ratings
usermac
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 25

Go to solution
For now it seems perfect hope it remains like it which I doubt..
0 Ratings