Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 25

Re: ADSL LINE STATS COMPARED TO VDSL

Go to solution
Why do you doubt it? The stats you gave are perfectly fine.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
usermac
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 25

Go to solution
Because I have had issues in the past and when trying to explain that you line is good and is capable of more you get bt saying well your line is working fine by just the minimal limit .

Like could get 24mbits and was only getting 7mbits but that was still seen as acceptable as it was the minimum.

But I hope this wont be the case no more being on the fibre now everyone for advice.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 25

Go to solution

@Techwizz wrote:

@licquorice, ok well we can't know for sure. We don't have evidence.

"I get it now thank you I was under the impression it would need to show as EO LINE if it was being fed from the exchange this is confusing."
Is a bit of a clue
usermac
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 25

Go to solution

I used to get a download speed average of 77 but now my downloads are between 66 and 70.

I checked with the wholesale speed test and it says my lines ip profile is set to 74.I am almost positive my IP Profile was at max but now it has been almost capped at a minimum speed for me now.My line sync is 80/20 but I am not getting close to that now. I have tried to contact bt but as I expected they have pulled the minimum guaranteed card on me.

Could Retransmission High have been put on so now I am only geting 90% of my sync rate because it used to be around

approx 96.8% 

0 Ratings
usermac
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 25

VDSL IP PROFILE COMPARED TO SYNC RATE

Go to solution

I am confused as to why my connection speed is now slower when my sync rate is showing 80/20 even though I am syncing at 80/20 does having a lower IP Profile limit you from getting close to the 80mbp/s mark?
I was averaging 77mbps and getting higher in bursts but as of the last two weeks I can not get passed 71mbps and my average is 69mbps.
I have read that BT usually give you 98.6% of your sync rate and that would make sense as that would tie in with my average speeds back when is was getting 77+. I did restart my modem manually a day ago because I was hoping that it would bring it back to the way it was but it seems like a profile has been set and it is not shifting.

System Up Time  06:05:45:10
PortStatusTxPktsRxPktsCollisionsTx B/sRx B/sUp Time
WANLink up447940322100010426501:08:37:56
LAN 1100M/Full27126473915155382307908172901:06:42:19

DSL LinkDownstreamUpstream
Connection Speed80.00 Mbps20.00 Mbps
Line Attenuation18.30 dB21.80 dB
Noise Margin6.30 dB15.30 dB

0 Ratings