Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
azax
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

ASUS DSL-AC68U Settings

Hi all,

I recently purchased an ASUS DSL-AC68U to replace my BT Smart Hub. From reading through the community posts about this modem/router, it seems there is some extra configuration to getting it up and running with BT TV, IPV6 etc and potentially issues with the modem and certain cabs.

Is there anyone with all of the above working on this particular router that would be happy sharing their current settings? I want to compare to ensure there isn't anything I've missed along the way!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: ASUS DSL-AC68U Settings

Bit difficult to help right now as on holiday but if you can post images of the some of your setup screens I might be able to give some guidance.

i will say that this bit of kit works very well for ipv6 , BT tv etc

0 Ratings
azax
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Hi Tim,

Thank you for chipping in despite being on holiday - you really didn't have to, so I appreciate the reply. I hope you're having a great time.

I've had a bit of luck from digging around in other forum threads for this router and have found a combination of settings that has established a connection and also assigned IPV6 addresses. I also updated to the latest version of the firmware, so that may have helped too.

I've attached some images of what I'm using now - hopefully everything looks in order!

CheersScreenshot 1.png

Screenshot 2.png

0 Ratings
azax
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Only issue I’m having now is that my download/upload speeds seem to be slower than I had previously with the BT router - I’m on a 55/10 plan and achieved these speeds with the SmartHub but am currently getting 30/7 with the ASUS.

Does it take a while for the new router connection to stabilise?
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

You’ve a noise margin of 10.1 so that’ll explain the slow speeds but the DLM will progressively reduce the noise margin to 6 or if you’ve a good line even down to 3. Mine sits quite happily at that. It’s not possible to say how long it’ll take but just ensure you don’t keep rebooting as stability is key.

As for BT TV have a look at the YouView sub forum and the last sticky thread about routers known to work etc and look at the ASUS rt-n56 settings, they are virtually the same for the AC68U.

azax
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for the information Tim. Everything seems to be working as it should, just have to wait for DLM to work on the noise margin.
0 Ratings