Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 30

ASUS DSL-AC68U and BT Infinity 1 help

Go to solution

Hello all, i know this is yet another thread about the ASUS DSL-AC68U but i am having a hard time getting it to work properly.

I have searched several forums and threads but they are either old ones or dont offer any real advice.

So i just finally got unpraded to Infinity 1 after almost a 2 month fight with BT. I was sent their latest hub and i am getting- 45-51mb. This was tested using different speedtest websites. After setting up the ASUS router i am only getting 2-4mb. Not sure exactly what the issue is. Before i was using their standard boradband and i was getting 5-6mb on the ASUS router. I have also upgraded to router to the latest firmware.

Now when trying to set up the ASUS router and when pickup the options for BT i only get the following:

BT Infinity 2

BT Infinity Bussiness

BT Infinity (no VLAN ID)

I have tried all 3 and the only one that will actuall connect is using BT Infinity 2. Any suggestions as to what could be wrong. Thanks.

0 Ratings
29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 30

Re: ASUS DSL-AC68U and BT Infinity 1 help

Go to solution

How did you switch it over to fibre? Did you use the "Quck Internet Setup" option or just make adjustments to the settings?

In WAN you select DSL & VDSL WAN (PTM).

I've attached the settings I use for WAN & DSL Setting in Administration,

WAN.pngDSL.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 30

Go to solution
How i switched to fibre? Not sure I understand the question but I did the upgrade via the phone but ultimately it was done via the executive complain teama. I did the quick setup up option and those settings seems to identical to the Ines I have but will have to double check
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 30

Go to solution

I think @TimCurtis meant how did you reconfigure the ASUS from ADSL to VDSL. It might be worth trying a factory reset and starting again from scratch.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 30

Go to solution
Ah I get it now. Didn't know what he meant. Do I need to change something to make it VDSL? I've done a few hard resets. Log into the router, select provider (in this case BT Infinity 2, would that be the problem? As I'm on Infinity 1 but there is not option), set WEP password for wireless let the router do its thing, check speed on three different site and I only get 2-3mb. Not really sure what else I need to do or change. I still need to compare @TimCurtis settings to mine. 😩
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 30

Go to solution

@adinis wrote:
Do I need to change something to make it VDSL? I've done a few hard resets. Log into the router, select provider (in this case BT Infinity 2, would that be the problem? As I'm on Infinity 1 but there is not option) 😩

No, Infinity 1 & 2 are the same thing, just a software cap on the speed. It seems odd that the speed is so slow, I could understand that there might be a configuration error if it didn't work at all but can't think what would reduce the speed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 30

Go to solution

Make sure you factory reset the modem/router after it finishes, follow the quick set up again, and try and test your speed before you chnage your DNS to OpenDNS and see if anything chnages.

Also post your DSL logs.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 30

Go to solution
Thank you all for your help. While registering for this forum I had email ASUS regarding my issue and they replied with a screen shot of the settings as well as advising to to a reset by "holding the reset button for 20secs". I think I know where I went wrong, I was using the wps button in sequesnce with powering off/on router, I found this in another thread online. I feel so dumb. Well good news is that I'm up and running and I can put away the BT HH6 router. Thank you once agai.

Moderator please mark this as resolved and close the thread. Thanks.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 30

Go to solution

@adinis

Out of interest what speeds are you getting now?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 30

Go to solution

When checking speeds I'm hard wired and using several online websites. My speeds fluctuate between 38-52mbs, even though I was told and it states on the website that my speeds would be guaranteed to be no lower than 50mbs. Is it even worth it trying to contact them about this? I refuse to speak to someone outside he uk and I'm sure I'll be given the speech of "there are many factors that can contribute to this, blah, blah, blah". What do you guys think.

0 Ratings