Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 30

Re: ASUS DSL-AC68U and BT Infinity 1 help

Go to solution

Can you provide the Max Data Rate & Data rate , both down & up , from the DSL log page?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 30

ASUS DSL-AC68U and BT Infinity 1 speeds help

Go to solution

Hello all, so after almost 2 months og fighting with BT to get me upgraded to BT Fibre 1 i have noticed that i am not getting my  "guaranteed speed" of 50MB. I have tested my speed on 4 different sites and including BT Performace Test page and i am only getting a max of 37.65MB. I was on those with BT, well on a chat and then they called me, and we where up to the part where they wanted to test the socket using the testing connection but they wanted me to connect the BT Hub 6. Before i started an argument with them as to why i did not want to use the BT Hub i told them i would do it later and contact them tomorrow as i didnt want to waste my time. So for those using this router are you getting the guaranteed speeds that BT claims to be delivering. By the way all my tests have been done while connected via ethernet. Also router is up to date on firmware. Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 30

Re: ASUS DSL-AC68U and BT Infinity 1 speeds help

Go to solution

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

You will need to plug the HH6 into the test socket, and go to this page with a computer connected to the home hub.

http://192.168.1.254/0000012803/gui/#/technicalLog/information

The guaranteed minimum speed is the connection speed, not the download speed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 14 of 30

Go to solution

Sorry for the late reply. Here is the info you requested.

asus.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 30

Go to solution

@adinis

Why did you start a new thread?

I have merged the two together.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 30

Go to solution

I suspect your port in the green cabinet is wrongly configured as 40/10 instead of 55/10.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 17 of 30

Go to solution

Sorry for that. Here is the first part of the requested info. I will upload the rest tomorrow once i test with BT HH6BT Availability Checker.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 18 of 30

Go to solution

if thats the case how in the hell am i going to get BT to fix that? took  me 2 moths and dealing with complaints department just to try and get Fibre Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 30

Go to solution

@adinis wrote:

Sorry for that. Here is the first part of the requested info. I will upload the rest tomorrow once i test with BT HH6

No need, the info required can be seen from your ASUS screenshot. Its not an ASUS problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 30

Go to solution

@adinis wrote:

if thats the case how in the hell am i going to get BT to fix that? took  me 2 moths and dealing with complaints department just to try and get Fibre Smiley Mad

Thats the hard part. However, unless you are regularly streaming multiple UHD film channels or downloading huge multi GByte files you will never tell the difference between 40 and 55.

0 Ratings