Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 21 of 30

Re: ASUS DSL-AC68U and BT Infinity 1 help

Go to solution
Its the principle of it, i am paying for 52MB with a "guaranteed speed" as per BT of 50MB. I expect to get what i pay for.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 22 of 30

Go to solution

Totally agree with you.

Can you post the image of the DSL Settings via the Administration page in the router just to check that your settings are correct.

It won't necessarily help getting the 40meg limit lifted but worth a look as I notice your downstream is "Interleaved" rather than Fastpath.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 23 of 30

Go to solution

This is what i get when im connected using the BT 6 Hub directly to the test socket

BT test socket.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 24 of 30

Go to solution

So i have contacted BT and of course i was connected to someone overseas, but i digress, i explained the problem, i told them wha it could be based on information provided here. They said they need to put it through an engineer and that i should hear from someone withn 48hrs or sooner. Awsome customer service.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 25 of 30

Go to solution

so this is the reply i recieved when i told the agent regarding the possibility that the configuration on my exchange could be wrong:

"I have found that there is an issue with Network this could be an possible issue with the speed and you can never see the exchange port on your router and what ever you see is the router configuration but not the exchange and most of the time 50/10 port will be given to Infinity 2 but not infinity 1."

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 26 of 30

Go to solution

@adinis I'm really sorry about the problems with your connection profile, that reply makes no sense at all! If you send over your details we'll be able to help you get this fixed. You can find the 'click here to contact the mods link' by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 27 of 30

Go to solution
@NeilO, i have submitted my details.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 28 of 30

Go to solution

@TimCurtis wrote:

Totally agree with you.

Can you post the image of the DSL Settings via the Administration page in the router just to check that your settings are correct.

It won't necessarily help getting the 40meg limit lifted but worth a look as I notice your downstream is "Interleaved" rather than Fastpath.

Here are the setting you requested

asus dsl.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 29 of 30

Go to solution

Update: Got a surprice visit from a BT engineer. He tested my line, re-set it and changed to OpenReach socket to newest version, MK4. On his testing equipment he got download speeds of 52mb. I rebooted my Asus router a few times and these are the speeds i got on my iphone 5s using th Ookla speed test app: 49.03, 46.40, 47.35, 43.67, 41.75 and 12.38 all in a matter of 4 mins. On my laptop i got mid teen to as high as 36 in the same timeframe, but as i am writing this post i got as high as 41.42asus new socket.JPG. He did say to give the line a few days to set itself, not sure how accurate that may be. Bellow is a snapshot of my Asus DSL log and there is a change from last snapshot on the Data Rate. I will give it till friday and keep monitoring the speeds to see if they level out

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 30

Go to solution

You are now syncing at the maximum rate for Infinity1.

0 Ratings