Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CYMRUCHRIS
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

ASUS DSL-AC88U DSL Light flashing after firmware update

Hi all,

Bought the above router yesterday to use with my g.fast fibre. Plugged everything in DSL light went solid followed instructions and got it connected to internet. I then proceeded to upgrade the firmware to the latest 1.10.06 591w as suggested by the ASUS interface, ever since its reboot all I get is a flashing DSL light? Anybody else had this issue and if so how did you manage to get it working again. TIA

10 REPLIES 10
HermanTheSheep
Beginner
Message 2 of 11

Re: ASUS DSL-AC88U DSL Light flashing after firmware update

I've just done the exact same thing. Connected fine, updated firmware, no connection.

I've rolled back through the versions and v1.10.05_build503 seems to work.  Going to leave that on just now and try contacting ASUS on Friday.

0 Ratings
HermanTheSheep
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

I've had a bit of back and forth with ASUS, they have said they are going to investigate further, but in the meantime to remain on v1.10.05_503.

Regis
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

I have the same issue.

How did you roll back to the previous firmware?

0 Ratings
HermanTheSheep
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

You can download the old versions from the ASUS website, https://www.asus.com/uk/Networking/DSL-AC88U/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Then upload the bios image to the router using the admin update screen.

ASUS eventually said to leave it with them while they investigated, but I've never heard back, so it doesn't look like its going to be fixed.

campo8558
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Same issue here. After latest firmware update the modem doesn't connect to the DSL anymore. I'm flashing back the old firmware.

0 Ratings
Skull66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

I flashed my modem to the latest as well, had same problem, flashed back to v1.10.05 b503 and back on, contacted Asus and hey have sent me this  [Wireless] ASUS router Hard Factory Reset - Method 2 | Official Support | ASUS Global, will try tomorrow and see if it allows it to work, if not will flash back to the older firmware again and let you know.

Skull66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Tested above method and it does not work.

0 Ratings
Skull66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Had a response back from Asus, they asked for some logs and other details plus a copy of my config file, which I have sent to them, they replied that their techs are working on it, so there may or may not be a new firmware released to fix the problem. I notified them that any firmware update afterv1.10.05.xxx doesn't seem to like connecting.

0 Ratings
Skull66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

I believe this is where the problems may have started.

modem.png

0 Ratings