Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexanderCurl
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

ASUS DSL-AC88U IPv6 settings?

Hi.

I was recently searching for a 3rd party modem/router combo few days ago, and picked up this.

I was digging in the forum, checked every related posts, someone suggested PPP mode, but I doesn't have that option, just native, some tunnels and static ipv6 address.

It did pick up an ipv6 address, and I can ping ipv6 addresses from the router, but the LAN side of clients cannot connect IPv6 still.

So I have a /64 address, the clients also get an IPv6 address, but they cannot connect for some reason.

I also know BT using /56 prefix rather than /64, but I cannot modify the prefix field.

I also updated the firmware to the latest version.

Any thoughts on this?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: ASUS DSL-AC88U IPv6 settings?

I don't have the AC88U but this is an image of my AC68U so might help.

IPV6.jpg

AlexanderCurl
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thanks the advice, but I don't have interface to choose from, all the settings apart from the Interface are the same, except my LAN Prefix is /64

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

@AlexanderCurl 

Had a bit of a look around & I think that the AC88U's firmware currently doesn't support BT's implementation  of IPv6.

When the AC68U was released there were significant problems with the firmware but Asus fixed them in reasonable time. Alas with the AC88U Asus aren't doing very well which is a shame as I think it's a great piece of kit.

You might be better switching to the AC68U unless of course you need G.Fast.

0 Ratings