cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tintac
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

ASUS DSL N55U - Will it work ok with FTC.

Go to solution

Had problems with my Hub6. I get quite a few power cuts (5secs) and each time I have to switch my hub off and on and if this fails do a factory reset which is the only way I can get an internet connection. Having been burgled a couple of times I have a Swanview/8 camera setup which  notifies me of a problem but not without a internet connection.  Seen old posts for same problem with no solution. Been doing the rounds with bt help and their final solution is to go out and buy another third party router. I have an old Asus dsl n55u somewhere in the loft and wondered if that would do. Read a post that someone with the same problem had 5 new routers sent out with no success. Have fibre to cabinet and bt whole home wi-fi 3 discs which bt tell me will work with any router.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: ASUS DSL N55U - Will it work ok with FTC.

Go to solution

Afraid not, that is an ADSL modem/router not a VDSL modem/router that is required for FTTC.

0 Ratings
tintac
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

That’ll save me a bit of time trying to locate it. Pity I returned my old bt hub5. Will have to see what is available to replace my hub6. Thanks.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

If you aren't bothered about lack of 5Ghz wireless, the TP -Link TD-W9970 at about £40  £28.95 is good value.

0 Ratings
tintac
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

That’ll not break the bank, thought it might be something like £200.

0 Ratings