cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

AUTHENTICATION PROBLEM CONNECTING TO WIFI

I have had no problems with my Android phones connecting to my BT home Hub5 or onto hotspots using the BT Wi-fi app until I replaced my phone last week with a Sony Xperia XA1   G3121.   Every 24 to 48 hours my phone shows "Authentication problem"  & by taping on connect it keeps failing, showing "saved" network".  I tried restarting the phone & router or selecting SETTINGS, MORE, Internet settings & downloading settings for internet & MMS - None of this solved the problem. I am not technical so have to rely on family to get it working again with the following actions :-  SETTINGS, BACKUP & RESET, NETWORK SETTINGS RESET  "This will reset all network settings including .Wi-fi . Mobile Data .Bluetooth"    The only settings available are for EE, Then press the box RESET SETTINGS.  After the reset it is SETTINGS, WIFI, ADVANCED, WPS PUSH BUTTON & by pressing the WPS button on the router it connects to my BT home Hub.  Then I have to pair my Bluetooth devices & any Wi-Fi while out visiting other locations. When we have looked at the BT Hub page the phones IP address keeps altering. My phone defaults to LTE/WCDMA/GSM network type after the reset. I was wondering if any setting could be altered to solve this problem. Thanks in advance for any resolutions.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: AUTHENTICATION PROBLEM CONNECTING TO WIFI

You don't need to change any network settings. Just delete the saved networks, scan for wifi, select your hub's wifi and when prompted, enter the wireless passkey that is printed on the hub label, don't use WPS. It is perfectly normal for the hub to give your phone different IP addresses.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: AUTHENTICATION PROBLEM CONNECTING TO WIFI

Have pressed forget network & input password manually, but came up authentication problem again. I did again twice & it came up with poor network connection while near the router. Have done the "NETWORK SETTINGS" reset & input password manually & got a good wifi connection all round the house. I will see how long this lasts.                                     NB. the phone wi-fi networks is always showing a NVRAM WARNING: Err = 0 x 10, I have been told that it is am erroneous error that  is ok to run with.

0 Ratings