Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ljm
Expert
Message 1 of 4

AVG asking me to run BT Desktop Help Clean-Up Tool

Hello everyone,

I've been having a problem with my AVG security program and they have replied back that the issue can be resolved by using BT Desktop Help Clean-up Tool and in their email to me, a screenshot of which i give below, they give me a link to click on which took me to a BT page saying BT Desktop Help is no longer available and when i clicked on the link at the bottom of this BT page to take me to the Clean-up Tool i ended up on a page which basically said the page didn't exist, or something to that effect.  I don't ever remember having 'BT Desktop Help' but was willing to follow their instructions to use the Clean-up Tool just in case.

My question really is how can i use the BT Desktop Help Clean-up Tool?

Here is a screenshot of AVG's email to me today:-

email address.jpg

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: AVG asking me to run BT Desktop Help Clean-Up Tool

It would appear that the cleanup tool to remove any remaining vestiges of BT Desktop help is no longer available. Googling 'BT desktop help cleanup tool' provides a link to a third party tool by softuninstall.com. I have no idea if this is kosher or will work, but might be worth having a look. Link here but it will probably be removed by the mods.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Have you ever had BT Desktop Help on your computer?

The folder $Windows~BT has nothig to do with BT. It is to do with the "upgrade" to Windows 10.

See link for more information 

https://www.howtogeek.com/268667/what-is-the-windows.bt-folder-and-can-you-delete-it/

ljm
Expert
Message 4 of 4

Thanks gg and liquorice for your replies.  Very helpful responses too.

I have emailed back to AVG with the info youboth gave to me.  Hopefully, now they will see that it is not a BT issue.  To be honest, anyway, i don't even remember BT Desktop Help or what it was exactly??

0 Ratings